What is the New Works Circle?
Home to 60 world premiere productions since its inception, Westport Country Playhouse has a long history of nurturing playwrights and creating new work.
The New Works Circle is a fund created to support the discovery and development of new work, and its members are dedicated to bringing new productions to life at the Playhouse through our New Works Initiative.
What does the New Works Circle fund?
Provides the Playhouse the ability to annually produce:
- Two new play workshops
- Four new play readings
- Funds that will allow the Playhouse to produce one new play each season
What is included in a New Works Circle Membership?
Exclusive invitations to:
- Annual New Works Circle trip to new play festival
- New Works Circle Dinners
- Workshops and play readings
- Opening night of world premiere productions
- First rehearsals of new plays
- Quarterly New Work E-newsletter
- Dedicated web page listing Founding and annual members
- Special program recognition during the 5-Play Season
- New Work Fund recognized on title page of new plays produced at the Playhouse and in programs for readings
How do I become a member of the New Works Circle?
Each New Works Circle member provides an annual gift for the fund. For information about the nature of this gift, or to inquire about membership, please contact Gretchen Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Special Thank You to our Founding Members:
Howard J. Aibel
Sandra & Neil DeFeo
Kate & Bob Devlin
Michele & Marc Flaster
Susan Jacobson & David Moskovitz
Judy & Scott Phares
Barbara & John Samuelson
Barbara & John Streicker
Johnna G. Torsone & John McKeon