Work With Us
Employees of the Playhouse are part of a dedicated, hard-working team that helps fulfill the mission of the Playhouse.
The Directing Fellow reports to the Artistic Director, Associate Artistic Director and other production directors, and acts as assistant to the director for main stage productions. Responsibilities include attending production meetings, rehearsals, taking notes, doing dramaturgical research, and supporting the work of the director. WCP utilizes rehearsal space in Westport and New York City, and the Directing Fellow will be asked to commute from NYC to Westport, CT frequently—for rehearsals, technical rehearsals, previews, performances and errands. Transportation will be provided. The Directing Fellow will also support the Artistic department in day-to-day operations, including screening script submissions.
- This position requires extensive experience working with actors and directors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- High attention to detail
- Applicants should have substantial experience in live theater, a strong work ethic, and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
Applicants must have completed a baccalaureate degree and be prepared to work full time from the beginning of May through November 3, 2018.
WCP provides a $250 weekly stipend.
Please submit a short cover letter, resume, a one-page personal artistic statement, and two letters of reference by February 28 to Bethany Gugliemino at email@example.com.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Development, the Development Fellow provides administrative support for the development department. This position is a full time paid internship, 40 hours per week with weekend duties.
• Enter donations into Tessitura and ensure accuracy of daily gift entry
• Prepare all annual fund gift acknowledgements on a weekly basis
• Maintain hard copy and digital files for all individual and corporate donors and prospects.
• Monitor inventory of office supplies and other pertinent materials
• Work with Associate Director of Development to facilitate board and individual stewarding; track fulfillment of donor recognition, ticket benefits and amenities.
• Serve as development database administrator
• Manage donor listing in production programs; work with Development staff and Graphic Design Director to update listings and ensure print and proofing deadlines are met
• Maintain department expense reports and budget documentation
• Conduct research into individual and institutional giving prospects for the managing director and director of development
• Assist with all development events including opening nights, preview week and pre show events
• May perform other duties as assigned
• Assist Development staff with auction, program, committee meetings, meeting minutes, and ticket sales
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Westport Country Playhouse
• Strong attention to detail, with demonstrated project management, organizational, and research abilities including analyzing large volumes of information from disparate sources and synthesizing it in cogent and concise written form
• Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced, evolving work environment; ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a time-constrained environment.
• Professionalism, maturity, and an ability to work with confidential information
• Ability to understand and work with financial information and standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, web-based content management systems, and related programs
• A Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Weekly stipend of $250
Please submit cover letter and resumé to: Development Fellow Search, Westport Country Playhouse, 25 Powers Court, Westport, CT 06880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Office and Concessions Associate
Westport Country Playhouse seeks a part-time Box Office and Concessions Associate.
Box Office duties include: assisting in the day-to-day functions of our Box Office including answering phones, selling subscriptions and tickets to Playhouse productions and events through our ticketing software; assisting with ticket and promotional mailings, and other duties as assigned.
Concessions duties include selling food/beverages before shows and during intermission, keeping an accurate inventory and records of daily sales. Concessions staff must maintain high sanitation/hygiene practices and adhere to the concessions dress code. At the end of each shift, concessions staff will reconcile sales and inventory and report sales to the House Manager. Concessions staff will consistently exhibit a high degree of customer service skills and a positive attitude with staff and patrons at all times. Applicants must be 18 or older, as alcohol is sold in our concessions stands.
A commitment to the Playhouse’s high expectations for knowledgeable, respectful, and conscientious customer service is a must. The Associate must be able to listen, follow Playhouse policies and guidelines, and work as part of the Marketing team.
This position requires a strong background in customer service, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong verbal communication skills, self-motivation, and flexibility to work in a quick-paced and dynamic environment; experience with Tessitura ticketing software and a general knowledge of/interest in live theater is a plus.
Qualified candidates must be available to work nights and weekends (15-25 hours a week) and will possess a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a sense of humor.
Send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Westport Country Playhouse is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.