Community and Sales Manager
The Community and Sales Manager provides key support for all marketing department events, initiatives, promotions, and campaigns and is responsible for achieving the group sales goals for all Playhouse performances. The Community and Sales Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the marketing staff on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Community Outreach & Presence
- Create active connections throughout the various aspects of our community, to broaden the reach of the Playhouse, building upon already established relationships and fostering new opportunities.
- Connect community organizations, businesses, groups and individuals to the Playhouse in any and all ways for mutual benefit of both the Playhouse and the partner organization.
- Represent the Playhouse at various networking and community events. Host and arrange Arts Festival participation.
- Act as liaison and ambassador for the Playhouse’s productions and programming in the community.
- Solicit in-kind goods and services for the organization and foster strategic partnerships with area restaurants, retailers and other stakeholders for various Playhouse purposes for all departments and efforts.
Community Outreach Programs
- Lead, manage, and build upon community outreach programs including Taste of Tuesday, Together at the Table, LGBT Night Out, Playhouse Happy Hour, Story Explorers, local arts fairs, etc.
- Duties include: stewarding/assigning event vendors; set up, planning, attendee tracking & event staffing; event invite design & target identification; and vendor tracking and payment processing.
- Create strategic programs to expand audiences based on artistic content.
- Cultivate and research prospective groups and maintain the database of all group attendees.
- Craft emails, make sales phone calls, and set up sales meetings with prospective group leaders in order to maximize sales and achieve goals.
- Work with the House and Events Manager and Operations Manager on group logistics including transportation and parking needs.
- The Community and Sales Manager will receive a commission of 10% on all group sales up to the goal for each show and 20% on any sales over the goal.
Poster & Postcard Distribution
- Distribute all posters, postcards and printed materials to area businesses and partners.
Social Media Content
- Help create content for the Playhouse’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.). This content may include, photography, video, and written materials.
- With assistance from the Graphic Design Director and the Digital Content Manager, the Community and Sales Manager will help keep the Playhouse website updated with current information
- With the help of the PR Manager, the Community and Sales Manager will update all community calendar listing (ie: FCBuzz, CTVisit.com, etc.).
Opening Night List & Invitations
- In concert with the Marketing and Development Departments, the Community and Sales Manager will manage all opening night lists and invitations and serve as point person for all RSVPs and list management.
Promotional Materials Archive
- Maintain the department’s archive of all printed collateral including brochures, postcards, brochures, and subscription renewal materials.
- It is understood that the Community and Sales Manager position may evolve to suit the needs of the organization. Duties will be assigned or removed as needed by the Director of Marketing. This position requires flexibility in scheduling, as the Community and Sales Manager will be required at every community event both on- and off-site, in addition to regular business hours.
Westport Country Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and persons of color to apply. Send letters of interest and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Office and Concessions Associate
Westport Country Playhouse seeks a part-time Box Office and Concessions Associate.
Box Office duties include: assisting in the day-to-day functions of our Box Office including answering phones, selling subscriptions and tickets to Playhouse productions and events through our ticketing software; assisting with ticket and promotional mailings, and other duties as assigned.
Concessions duties include selling food/beverages before shows and during intermission, keeping an accurate inventory and records of daily sales. Concessions staff must maintain high sanitation/hygiene practices and adhere to the concessions dress code. At the end of each shift, concessions staff will reconcile sales and inventory and report sales to the House Manager. Concessions staff will consistently exhibit a high degree of customer service skills and a positive attitude with staff and patrons at all times. Applicants must be 18 or older, as alcohol is sold in our concessions stands.
A commitment to the Playhouse’s high expectations for knowledgeable, respectful, and conscientious customer service is a must. The Associate must be able to listen, follow Playhouse policies and guidelines, and work as part of the Marketing team.
This position requires a strong background in customer service, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong verbal communication skills, self-motivation, and flexibility to work in a quick-paced and dynamic environment; experience with Tessitura ticketing software and a general knowledge of/interest in live theater is a plus.
Qualified candidates must be available to work nights and weekends (15-25 hours a week) and will possess a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a sense of humor.
Send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Westport Country Playhouse is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.