Work With Us
Johanna Day, Katie Broad, and Reg Rogers in Oblivion. Photo by Carol Rosegg.
Employees of the Playhouse are part of a dedicated, hard-working team that helps fulfill the mission of the Playhouse.
| Artistic & Management Assistant
The Artistic & Management Assistant (AMA) for Westport Country Playhouse (WCP) provides support for the Artistic and Management departments, including the Artistic and Managing Directors in the role of assistant. The AMA reports to the Artistic Director & Managing Director, and works in close cooperation with the Associate Artistic Director (AAD), and Associate Artist (AA) to implement the institution’s programs in support of its mission and values.
The AMA’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist AD, AA & AAD in artistic department operations.
• Assist AA in all production aspects of the reading series, including the preparation and distribution of paperwork, day-of support and other tasks as needed.
• Maintain WCP artist records in Tessitura.
• Maintain the Playhouse script library.
• Distribute season’s scripts for reading by staff members and for use in casting process.
• Act as a liaison and facilitator between artistic department and marketing and development patron engagement efforts.
• Assist MD and Director of Development with production sponsorship program for Trustees and individuals, including the preparation of agreements and correspondence, coordination of production updates and announcements, and fulfillment of sponsorship benefits in conjunction with Development staff.
• Act as staff liaison to the Board of Trustees, particularly the Board Chair. Help with Board engagement and communications. Update and maintain Board web resource page. Assist Board members with Playhouse and other house seat requests.
• Assist MD and Chair of the Governance and Nominating Committees with board development including: researching Board candidates, developing profiles, Board engagement activities and maintaining files on Board and committee prospects. Maintain records for all Board committee assignments.
• Set up, attend and prepare minutes of meetings of Board, Executive Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, Governance Committee , Nominating Committee, and other committees as needed; schedule Board and committee meetings; reserve space for meetings; circulate materials prepared in advance of Board and committee meetings; maintain Board Books for board members and senior staff; manage regular weekly communications to the full Board; maintain files of Board, Executive Committee, and other assigned Board Committees; maintain and circulate Board contact list.
• Assist the MD in dissemination of internal and external information to designated constituencies.
• Assist the AD in maintaining communication with staff, especially when the AD is in rehearsal or otherwise unavailable. Serve as the AD & MD’s “eyes and ears” in the Playhouse community when called upon to do so.
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the AD & MD’s offices including, but not limited to: answer incoming phone communications; maintain the AD & MD’s calendar; schedule meetings for AD & MD with staff, Board members, donors, artists and other Playhouse connections as requested; draft correspondence for the AD & MD’s signature; maintain and update the AD & MD’s contact lists; manage the AD & MD’s office files; arrange the AD & MD’s travel and transportation needs; assemble documents and briefing materials for AD & MD’s meetings; reserve and secure locations for AD & MD’s meetings and activities; represent the AD & MD at meetings as assigned when the AD or MD are unavailable.
• Maintain staff contact lists.
• Provide support for marketing, development, and education events as needed.
• Attend staff meetings.
Interested parties should send a cover letter, resume, and two references to: Artistic and Management Assistant Search, Westport Country Playhouse, 25 Powers Court, Westport, CT 06880 or email a PDF of requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
| Box Office Supervisor
The Box Office Supervisor supports the Box Office Manager in overseeing the everyday function of the box office. This position deals mainly with customer service, company policies, and the Tessitura ticketing software, and resolving any customer disputes or complaints, while also supervising part-time Box Office Associates in the same areas. The Box Office Supervisor also assists with the subscription campaign, ticket sales and exchanges, printing and mailing tickets, phone calls and voicemails, and other special projects. During performances, the Patron Service Supervisor may open/close the Box Office, oversee the will-call process, assist staff with cash-out procedures, process and verify End-of-Day reporting. The Box Office Supervisor also assists the Marketing Department in various tasks, while also relaying feedback from patrons. The ideal candidate will excel in building customer service relationships; have prior management experience, preferably in a box office environment; be experienced in Box Office software, ideally Tessitura.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, and collegial and supportive work environment. To apply, please submit cover letter and resumé to: Box Office Supervisor Search, Westport Country Playhouse, 25 Powers Court, Westport, CT 06880 or email@example.com.
Header Photo: Isaiah Washington (Intimate Apparel). Photo by Carol Rosegg.