Work With Us
Johanna Day, Katie Broad, and Reg Rogers in Oblivion. Photo by Carol Rosegg.
Employees of the Playhouse are part of a dedicated, hard-working team that helps fulfill the mission of the Playhouse.
| Database Administrator
The Database Administrator (DA) will manage and support the use and analysis of patron and ticketing data contained in the Tessitura and QuickBooks databases. This position reports directly to the General Manager and works closely with the systems, box office, marketing, development, and finance departments.
This position requires a flexible schedule and the DA must be available on nights and weekends in order to maintain the ticketing system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as main point of contact with Tessitura and T-Stats.
• Overseeing database infrastructure to translate business needs into application functionality
• Providing decision support for management on marketing and development strategies, reporting design, and workflow efficiency .
• Providing leadership and coordination in expansion of Tessitura utilization by organizing meetings with users and management, preparing design proposals, and soliciting and providing feedback.
• Preparing and delivering in-house training to Tessitura users
• Managing departmental projects such as season set up and configuration, campaign/appeals planning, advanced data extractions, and financial reconciliations/audit.
• Providing day to day technical support, administration and troubleshooting .
• Creating SQL stored procedures, tables and views for use in reporting and automated processes, in addition to job automation and scheduling.
• Establishing and monitoring style guides and standardization for data entry.
• Creating custom reports and maintaining reports and dashboards
• Facilitating generation of lists and ad hoc queries.
• Conducting routine testing and analysis of the database.
• Supporting third party applications that interface or work in conjunction with Tessitura including Web API, T-stats, Word Fly, and QuickBooks.
• Developing and documenting processes and procedures to educate staff and inform IT support.
• Working with the necessary departments to schedule system upgrades (T-Stats, Tessitura, QuickBooks, etc.).
• Additional duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will possess either a college degree with a focus in information technology or comparable professional experience. As this position will interact with staff members who may not be as proficient with computer systems, excellent communication and documentation skills are required. Familiarity with Tessitura, SQL and InfoMaker is a plus.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, and collegial and supportive work environment. To apply, please submit cover letter and resumé to: Database Administrator Search, Westport Country Playhouse, 25 Powers Court, Westport, CT 06880 or email@example.com.
Header Photo: Isaiah Washington (Intimate Apparel). Photo by Carol Rosegg.