Work With Us
Johanna Day, Katie Broad, and Reg Rogers in Oblivion. Photo by Carol Rosegg.
Employees of the Playhouse are part of a dedicated, hard-working team that helps fulfill the mission of the Playhouse.
| Box Office Supervisor
The Box Office Supervisor supports the Box Office Manager in overseeing the everyday function of the box office. This full-time position deals mainly with customer service, company policies, the Tessitura ticketing software, and resolving any customer disputes or complaints, while also supervising part-time Box Office Associates in the same areas. The Box Office Supervisor also assists with the subscription campaign, ticket sales and exchanges, printing and mailing tickets, phone calls and voicemails, and other special projects. During performances, the Patron Service Supervisor may open/close the Box Office, oversee the will-call process, assist staff with cash-out procedures, process and verify End-of-Day reporting. The Box Office Supervisor also assists the Marketing Department in various tasks, while also relaying feedback from patrons. The ideal candidate will excel in building customer service relationships; have prior management experience, preferably in a box office environment; can multitask; and is experienced in Box Office software, ideally Tessitura. This position will require work on some nights and weekends.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, and collegial and supportive work environment. To apply, please submit cover letter and resumé to: Box Office Supervisor Search, Westport Country Playhouse, 25 Powers Court, Westport, CT 06880 or email@example.com.
| Database Administrator
The Database Administrator (DA) will manage and support the use and analysis of patron and ticketing data contained in the Tessitura and QuickBooks databases. This position reports directly to the General Manager and works closely with the systems, box office, marketing, development, and finance departments.
This position requires a flexible schedule and the DA must be available on nights and weekends in order to maintain the ticketing system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as main point of contact with Tessitura and T-Stats.
• Overseeing database infrastructure to translate business needs into application functionality
• Providing decision support for management on marketing and development strategies, reporting design, and workflow efficiency .
• Providing leadership and coordination in expansion of Tessitura utilization by organizing meetings with users and management, preparing design proposals, and soliciting and providing feedback.
• Preparing and delivering in-house training to Tessitura users
• Managing departmental projects such as season set up and configuration, campaign/appeals planning, advanced data extractions, and financial reconciliations/audit.
• Providing day to day technical support, administration and troubleshooting .
• Creating SQL stored procedures, tables and views for use in reporting and automated processes, in addition to job automation and scheduling.
• Establishing and monitoring style guides and standardization for data entry.
• Creating custom reports and maintaining reports and dashboards
• Facilitating generation of lists and ad hoc queries.
• Conducting routine testing and analysis of the database.
• Supporting third party applications that interface or work in conjunction with Tessitura including Web API, T-stats, Word Fly, and QuickBooks.
• Developing and documenting processes and procedures to educate staff and inform IT support.
• Working with the necessary departments to schedule system upgrades (T-Stats, Tessitura, QuickBooks, etc.).
• Additional duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will possess either a college degree with a focus in information technology or comparable professional experience. As this position will interact with staff members who may not be as proficient with computer systems, excellent communication and documentation skills are required. Familiarity with Tessitura, SQL and InfoMaker is a plus.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, and collegial and supportive work environment. To apply, please submit cover letter and resumé to: Database Administrator Search, Westport Country Playhouse, 25 Powers Court, Westport, CT 06880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Header Photo: Isaiah Washington (Intimate Apparel). Photo by Carol Rosegg.