Supported in part by The Lucille Lortel Foundation and Newman's Own Foundation
"The production was outstanding and the impact on our students and faculty will last a lifetime! ...Parents have been calling to share how appreciative they were that their teens had such a meaningful experience."
- Middle School Teacher
Westport Country Playhouse values the opportunity to introduce younger audience members to the wonder of live theater.
By bringing your class to the Playhouse for a special student matinee production, you are not only deepening your students’ understanding of important curricular concepts, but allowing the power of live performance to take each one of them on their own personal journey of exploration and discovery!
2014 Student Matinees
Friday, October 24, 2014 at 10:30am
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 10:30am
Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 10:30am
Recommended for grades 8 and up
Intimate Apparel explores many issues that teachers will find resonant within their curricula. It delicately layers the history of African-Americans, women, laborers, immigrants, religious minorities, and other often marginalized groups atop a picture of a vibrant and vital city that is poised to emerge as the world’s capital. It is about the way that millions of intimate, personal, even anonymous and forgotten stories add up to history on an epic scale.
Pricing and other important information:
- All student matinee tickets $16.00
- Receive one complimentary chaperone ticket for every 10 student tickets purchased
- Onsite parking for buses with easy load in and out
- Complimentary seats for bus drivers, based on availability
- Free printed and online study guide designed to help prepare your students for their visit. The guide includes plot and character summary, informative articles, suggested discussion points, activities, etiquette and more.
- Free video guide with specialist interviews and an insider's peek into the Westport Country Playhouse production
Looking to add to the student matinee experience? We have a
variety of additional enrichment programming available, including:
- Free Professional Development workshops for educators
- Artist talk backs, depending on cast availability
- Theater tours
- And more!
For availability and details, please contact Angela Marroy Boerger, Director of Education and Community Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need-based assistance and transportation available to school districts whose financial limitations interfere with planning a trip to the Playhouse. We are committed to facilitating access for all students. Please contact us for further details.